2018 has been a busy year, a little busier than my little body could deal with at times, but it was great nonetheless. When you’re chronically ill and your body goes through many ups and downs, it can be difficult to remember all of the good that has happened, all the things you have achieved. So, towards the end of the year, I like to reflect on what my body has been through in the last 12 months, and acknowledge the things that I’m grateful for. Today is that day for reflection, 6 reasons to be grateful on our 6th day of blogmas.
- The first thing I’m thankful for this year is finally becoming Amie Addison BA(Hons) after achieving a first in my english language and literature degree. It took four years, and there were many times that my body broke down, but I managed to get there, and I’m extremely proud of myself for that.
- I’m also really grateful that I was able to be a big part of both my parent’s and best friend’s weddings. I was lucky enough to be a bridesmaid at both weddings, and I loved getting to be involved.
- In August of this year I was lucky enough to get my power chair. The power chair gave me back the freedom that I’d lost and I think I’ll always be grateful that I finally got that back. Being able to go out and not be in pain or exacerbate my PoTS symptoms has completely changed my life.
- This year we were able to move house to a bungalow that is really close to both mine and Jack’s families, and to my GP and pharmacy (super important when you’re there at least once a week!), and is designed to suit the needs of my demanding body. Super thankful that this was possible, we all love our new home.
- My physio, consultants and GP; who worked hard throughout the year to improve my health with new diagnoses, different medications and exercises, and to encourage me to keep going and not give up, even when I felt like giving up and going into hibernation.
- Finally, I’m grateful that I discovered millionaire brownies this year. They are an absolute delight and everyone who has tasted one has loved them. This one is a little silly but I blooming LOVE these brownies and they certainly made 2018 a little bit tastier…
2018 was filled with love, happiness, and some very proud moments, I hope 2019 is the same. What are you grateful for this year?