Anyone who knows me knows that I love a scented candle. I can’t fully relax without lighting one, and when I’m struggling with my health, I cosy on down with a box set, a blanket, my hot water bottle, and one of my many scented candles. So, thanks to my extensive candle knowledge (just go with it), here are my top ten christmas candles.
- Cranberry Ice, from Yankee Candle. I have this in the form of tea lights and a votive, and it’s my absolute favourite. A super refreshing smell that will have your whole home smelling beautiful for christmas.
- Spiced Apple, Matalan. This is my newest candle purchase, it smells incredible, not synthetic, and the jar it’s in looks great too. I may have to buy a few more to use throughout 2019.
- Christmas Cookie, one of a set of three scented candles available from Dunelm. Your house will smell as though you’ve been baking for hours, it’s gorgeous. Make sure you have some cookies in the cupboard for when this is lit because it’ll have your mouth watering in no time. This scent is also available in as tea lights.
- Frosty Gingerbread, from Yankee Candle. This came in a Christmas pack of votives that I was given last year, and it smells exactly as I imagine christmas should smell, if only it’s scent was a little stronger!
- Mulled Wine, Dunelm. This candle both smells and looks amazing! Perfect for when you have guests over, especially if you have real mulled wine to go with it.
- Butterscotch Fudge, Next. This is available as a candle in a cute red jar, or as a reed diffuser. It honestly smells good enough to eat, but I did find it a little lacklustre, I don’t think it would fill your home with its delicious smells, but it would certainly make one room smell like a sweetshop.
- Merry Berry Linzer, from Yankee Candle. This was another love that I discovered in my Christmas votives. A fruity scent mixed with freshly baked biscuits, obviously named after our beloved Mary Berry, what wouldn’t you love?
- Festive Spice, Next. If this was about how the candle looked, this candle would be way higher up the list, it’s so adorable! The smell of this candle will have you as jolly and festive as one of Santa’s elves, it’s a perfect centrepiece for a Christmas Day dinner table.
- Cherry Chocolate, Next. This sounds more like a gorgeous dessert than a candle, but it smells just as good as it sounds. Sweet cherry mixed with creamy chocolate will have your home smelling delicious for days.
- Sparkling Cinnamon, from Yankee Candle. The smell of cinnamon makes many think of cosy drinks, warmly lit houses, and a cold winter, this candle is no different. As a new convert to the smell of cinnamon products, I LOVE this candle. It’s definitely going to be my Christmas Eve scent this year.
I hope these give you some ideas for filling your home with a festive scent, everybody needs the perfect christmas candle!
(I don’t receive any money through any purchases made through this post, simply sharing my love for candles.)